The MTN Foundation and Women in Tech Africa have joined forces to create the most dynamic opportunity ever offered to study entrepreneurship in the start-up heart and innovation capital of Africa, Ghana. Spend 5 days learning about technology, entrepreneurship and how to turn your dream into a thriving business. Learn while doing.
- Gain skills to test and develop your coding skills into a sustainable business
- Get introduced to digital tools that can help you grow your business
- Get connected to global mentors and industry experts
- Get knowledge about business model canvas that will help you build a sustainable business.
- Get trained on how to pitch your business idea/business to get funding.
- Innovation Grant (Cash Prize)
- Direct access into the MTN Appchallenge.
- Exposure to Mobile App Development, Internet of Things and business pitching skills.
Our intensive program helps you master the in-demand skills you need to accelerate your career and change your life
- Ladies between the ages of 18-30
- Should have an idea which has a technology based solution that can help solve a problem and generate income for you.
- Must reside in Accra, Cape Coast, Kumasi or Tamale.
- Prior experience in coding or a degree in STEM is encouraged but not required.
- Application can be from an individual or a group of not more than 3.
- Accra 7th – 11th August
- Cape Coast 13th -17th August
- Kumasi 21st – 25th August
- Tamale 29th August -2nd August
ABOUT MTN FOUNDATION:
The MTN Foundation is a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) management structure for the MTN Group’s related initiatives across its 22 operations.
The MTN Ghana Foundation was established in 2007 as a single purpose vehicle to drive all MTN’s CSR initiatives in the country. The Foundation currently has three focus areas – Health, Education and Economic Empowerment. The Foundation is set up as a separate legal entity with its own independent Board of Directors and Patrons who oversee the operations of the Foundation. Its commitment is centered around the socio-economic development of the country through the roll out of appropriate and sustainable social interventions in communities all over the country.
The main aim of the Foundation is to have a broad community impacting and supporting national and international development priorities. It facilitates partnership and sharing of resources to achieve mutual objectives.
ABOUT WOMEN IN TECH AFRICA:
Supporting Women in Tech Across Africa to Positively Support their Communities.
Women in Tech Africa mission is 3 fold
- Creating today’s female leaders and role Models for tomorrow’s Women
• Showing the world what a strong African woman in capable of achieving
• Support African growth through technology
Women in Tech Africa has membership of women in over 30 countries in Africa and has physical Chapters in Ghana, Kenya and London with launches in South Africa and Nigeria planned before the end of the year.
Women in Tech Africa is the brainchild of ICT4D GH Foundation