Working in technology can, at times, be an isolating experience for women, especially in Africa. The impact of this can limit women’s professional growth in the sector. Women need mentors, role-models and a network to share their experiences, challenges and skills.
Some Women in Technology clubs exist already, but to date, no-one has attempted to build a pan-African network, allowing us to compare our challenges, learn from other countries and connect across borders to expand our influence.
Women in Tech Africa routinely runs event across Africa including:
• First Pan African Women in Tech virtual conference
• Quarterly meetings in Ghana showcasing successful women in tech in that country including head of Google, head of Microsoft Africa
• Joint Women and Tech and USAID Program on the subject of women and technology, the future of Africa
• Women in Technology sessions in Lagos Nigeria at Africa biggest social media event , social media Lagos
• Training for Women Entrepreneurs on the use on technology for business growth
Join Us and become part of the largest group of Women in the Technology sector of African descent
wow,this is going to be interesting.cant wait
For a young African woman like me who grew up in the townships where woman are not expected to be anything other than child-bearers, this gives me hope that Africa is changing. Thank you very much for this opportunity I will be applying for it.
I have a growing hunger to be techi-savvy. As a business communication lecturer, media development worker and journalist, I hope joining this group will feed me with new trends and appropriate tools to be most valuable to my constituents.
Thank you for joining and we will do our best to support your dream